about-lcoo.png

Our History

Established in 2011 as a farmers market based business, Low Country Olive Oil now carries over 60 olive oils and vinegars; the largest selection of on tap oils and vinegars in the Charleston Lowcountry. Over 50% of the company's olive oils and balsamic vinegars are blended or infused in Charleston and are exclusive to Lowcountry Olive Oil. Customers are encouraged to sample unique oils and vinegars in-store including Lowcountry Herb Oilve Oil and Strawberry Champagne or Bourbon Balsamic Vinegars. The company is the only one of its kind to receive the SC Certified Seal through South Carolina's Department of Agriculture.

Our Family

Lowcountry Charleston Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar - Family Owned - LocalThe Benjamin's believe in supporting local food artisans and regional family-owned olive farms. Certified extra virgin olive oils on tap include oils from and Georgia and Texas as well as the Olinda Olive Farm owned by the Decamilla Family of Charleston. Lowcountry Olive Oil also carries Charleston's Holy Smoke smoked olive oil, Georgia Pecan oil, Geechee Boy Grits, Bulls Bay Sea Salts, dipping spices from Charleston Spice Company, Charleston Coffee Exchange Coffee, King of Pops Popsicles, locally infused honeys and many delectable treats from the Charleston area.

Lowcountry charleston olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Lowcountry charleston olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Our Locations

Lowcountry Olive Oil - Charleston Olive Oil - Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Balsamic Vinegar
Charleston

Situated in downtown Charleston's historic Ansonborough district, 272 Meeting Street dates back to 1872. During the 1880s and '90s it was occupied by Dr. George Caulier's apothecary shop. Albert Stokes established Stokes Business College here in 1898, one of the first in the country to offer secretarial and business education for women. The school remained here until the 1930s. (Jack Leland, DYKYC, Jan. 30, 1984.)

Lowcountry Olive Oil - Charleston Olive Oil - Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Balsamic Vinegar - Summerville
Summerville

The first settlement in Summerville began following the American Revolutionary War. Summerville (Flowertown in the Pines) became an official town in 1847 led by Mayor, Edward L. Hutchinson. In that year, the town passed a law against cutting down trees of particular sizes, the first of such laws in the United States. Our shop is located in Historic Downtown Summerville across from Hutchinson Town Square.